Proac Studio 125s

I am considering buying these little guys because I love the Proac sound, but cannot afford to move up to the Response series. However, I have not really had a chance to compare them with much of competition. I am concerned that at this price point, I probably have a lot of very good options of which I may not be aware.

The question is: At their price point, do the 125s offer enough of the Proac sound to be good value, or are there other speakers out there that offer more of the strengths of the higher level Proacs at the same or lesser cost?

As a sidenote, the Proacs do have the advantage of high WAF. My wife likes the ebony veneers as much as I like the way they sound. So please avoid suggesting aesthetically challenged alternatives :-)

Thanks for your input.
curbach
Interesting. I never knew that British reviews of ProAcs weren't as positive as in the US. Is it because they like the B&W sound more as a whole? I guess the warm, romantic sound is more to the liking of us Yanks.
Warm? Romantic? Hmmm
I find the stuff from B&W to be a bit rolled of actually, while the Tabs in my living room are certainly "all there".
I've really only been interested in Hi-fi seriously the last five years but in that time the Proac's have usually always got great reviews here in the UK-the 125's were recommended and award winners on What Hi-fi-who give the new Futures (.5)a rave review this month,the more serious mags(?!)have at least always seen the Proac's as competitive in their price range,most dealers here rate them too,even those who don't stock them.........