PurePower what are your thoughts?

Thinking of buying a PurePower conditioner, what are your thoughts of the newer 2000 + vs the original?
rsf507
The PurePower+ 2000 (or 3000) is supplied with its own PowerPack as part of a two module package. Only one PowerPack is normally required for full utility isolation, but in some parts of the world, where utility power can be fitful, additional PowerPacks can be added to allow longer running - up to several hours - in the event of an extended blackout. They add more time - but not more watts.
Yes I read the Thread that seems to be MIA from the fellow that had no response to his problem from Damian at PP Canada.
I am a PurePower Owner looking at upgrading but this controversy is damaging the Brand and leaving me with doubts.
Pity as it is superior to the PS Audio similar products.

More the worry as I am not based in the Americas.

Des
If only the Canadian PurePower were so prompt in replying to complaints like the one in this thread:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ymisc&1348390094&openfrom&10&4#10

Or to complaints by A'gon user Glory.
I was going to buy a unit but I have read way too many problems with the units and getting them fixed.
I've heard from 10 other owners of PP that have had no issues and my unit is working flawlessly.

(Dealer disclaimer)