Quad 988 / 989 reliability ??

It's well known that the old Quads (57 and 63) had some reliability problems, and that repairing them can be expensive. Is there enough data our there on the 988 / 989 to say anything about their robustness and reliability ? Have any of the 988 / 989 users who are reading this had any problems ?
mbonn
Anopax - thanks for your post. I am seriosly considering a pair of Quads. I am undecided between the 988 and 989. I am smitten by the sound of Quads, but I want to alleviate all the concerns I have heard and read about: reliability, LF extension, and max SPL. I really don't know if I will be satisfied with LF extension and max SPL until I have lived with them in my home for a while - that is why I am inquiring about subs. I currently use a transmission line loaded speaker that is flat to below 20 Hz, so I am spoiled by superb LF performance, and I am reluctant to give this up. But, I also want the transparency and imaging of the Quads. thanks
Hififarm - Are you STILL a Quad dealer ? If so, is recent experience improving ? i.e. are the QC issues being addressed by the manufacturer ? Where is the US service center? Are they competent and responsive (fast turnaround)? thanks
You might want to try Sound Labs as an alternative. Comparing new production to new production, fewer problems. In the right model, better bass - the kind you are looking for.
Mbonn, we talking about the ESL 63, right? Had no downtime, because I've always kept a pair in reserve, bought cheap and used. Downtime would have been 4-5 weeks and we are talking Switzerland, Germany here. Service: sometimes panel replacement, restretching of the plastic covering, checking all the electronics, tightening loose panels. As far as the 989 is concerned, parts quality is cheapo, the bord is flimsy. Hififarm is right and to be commended for his honesty. Also the speaker is voiced differently from the old 63s. It is darker. I am going to drive it to death and then switch to SoundLab.
Detlof - Actually I'm talking about the 988 or 989. Having 2 pair so that I always have a spare pair is not a realistic option for me. It sounds from your post that you have moved from the 63 to the 988 or 989 ? And that you plan to swith to Sound Lab when you "drive it to death" ?