Quad ESL owners question

Quad ESL lover's, what other speakers would you consider or own that is very close to the natural sound of the Quads?
pinoy6
"the acoustic ambience of a panel that radiates forwards and backwards (nice for chamber, church or low level classical music)-"

Yes, electrostats (or any dipole for that matter?) are bad bad bad bad bad for any other type of music particualy rock, progressive, symphonic, punk, be bop jazz, straight ahead jazz, electronic, dance, orchestral etc, well you get the idea. I am not even sure why they make these things. Thankfully I like Ann Murry, Carpenters, and churches without organs music.

Bob
Yes, electrostats (or any dipole for that matter?) are bad bad bad bad bad for any other type of music particualy rock, progressive, symphonic, punk, be bop jazz, straight ahead jazz, electronic, dance, orchestral etc.

Less well suited to some of the heavier genres that tend to be heard at higher SPL's but definitely not "bad bad bad bad".
as a quad esl owner, previous quad 63 owner, magnepan owner, previous tympany owner and hybrid infinity owner, i can say that i would never be satisfied with any speaker but another panel speaker.

i could easily live with some of the martin logans, the apogee duetta signature, the infinity servo statics and possibly (i'm not sure), the piega c 10. i'm not sure about the piega because it is a hybrid.

my 2nd speaker is a pair of magnepan 1.6s. the esls and magnepan sound similiar.