"Breathing" of the air

Hi folks, I would like to ask you the following. With some audiophile set ups I'm able to hear what I call "breathing" of the air, as if the air surrounding voices and instruments is a living entity, as if one is capable of hearing individual air molecules, if you know what I mean. Are you familiar with this phenomenon? Is this quality inherent to some amplifiers or speakers? Can you mention set ups that have these characteristics?

Chris
dazzdax
The more air the better....resolving and transparency ability dictate the anount of air present. There is air around and between instruments and then the movement of air through instuments and vocalists. So I think the amount of air signals more tonal quality...Every part of a sound system effects what is heard...so high quality well matched systems will excell.
SET amps, very coherent speakers that image well. Other amp designs can do it as well, I just think its more inherent to the SET sound. Clean AC is an absolute necessity as well.
Air is around 7 to 12 Khz - if you have a system that boost this then you get more "air" - alternatively if you have a speaker with a recessed midrange or "midrange scoop" then you get more air and more bass (boom boom tizz).

IMD distortion, digital hash (jitter) and metal drivers that ring can destroy air by giving it a heavy "etched" sound that is not properly related to the musical context.