Rap music on high-end speakers

Hello,

I have audiophile taste in gear, but not in music. I listen to rap music, and occansionaly R&B. Is there anyone out there like me? What do you listen for when buying gear? I was wondering what are the benefits in getting better gear? I want to upgrade the speakers to either proac response 3.8 or wilson cubs. Here is my system:

Levinson No.23
aranov ls-9000
Platinum audio reference 2
Paradigm servo 15
kimber speaker wire
esoteric component wires
amc cdm7
tru
Rap isn't music. It's a garbage symptomatic of a diseased society. It's a glorification of violence, mayhem and low-life ghetto lifestyle.

I tired of hearing the phrase "personal taste" pandered about to excuse every inferior or amoral thing. Is liking or preferring a Hostess grease-fried, chemical-ridden, fruit-barren individual pie over a home-baked, fresh fruit, quality ingredient made pie a matter of "personal taste?" No, it's the lack of ANY TASTE. So is it with rap music.

I live in a culturally-diverse & supposedly 'good' neighborhood of Chicago where we are terrorized hours of the day and night by low-life who drive around blasting rap music at earsplitting levels with 'bass' that rattles the windows of our house.

I am a professional musician and have an open mind to a lot of music, but I would never call such trash music. Even among that which I would consider 'music', there is music of more intrinsic artistic value, and that of less artistic value. To ascribe equal musical and artistic value to the works of the great composers of the classics to Snoop Dogy Dog, et al. is idiotic and perverse.

I applaud those who answered this thread with a "politically incorrect" response. At least some segment of this society is getting tired of everything being equal and acceptable.

TRU, do you subject your neighbors to listening to your rap music and invading their quiet enjoyment of their units or houses? I see this everywhere, and it is like a cancer. Everybody does whatever they want today, and f--- you if you don't like it. Law enforcement does nothing, and could care less, as could our politicians. As far as middle-class white kids are concerned, yes, they are listening to it. Why, because they are influenced by the low-life who write and push this garbage, and because it is multi-billion dollar cash cow for the self-serving, money-drunk & morally bankrupt recording industry. The fact that we now have audiophiles listening to rap music only shows how culturally bereft our society has become and how children are not introduced to in the education system or by their parents to the large body of great music that has been written.
Kevziek, what you in milehigh club or something? I bet you are racist too. I think, it is (the rap music) where is coming from is the problem with the rap music bashers (mostly older, narrow minded, white trash who are still stuck in 50's and full of themselves). Hey I love classical too, and only wish I can play piano or viloin or something ( I have tried). But I love many other types of music, including rap. And Yeah I am one of thoes car stereo blaster as you put it AND I am owner of Classe Electronics. I bet If Stereophile or TAS starts to review rap music favorably, you would buy it. I am not looking for pissing contest . Okay? And don't even think about criticizing my spelling or grammer.
hey kev, i am just listening goodie 'still standing'. Maybe you should check it out. I would recommend you also puff daddy 'no way out' and you should start with oldie cube ameriKKKan most wanted let me know
Kevziek, Are you mad at someone? You seem a little pissed off. Did you get beat up recently by some rappers? I thought this thread was over with. Oh well its still fun
Kevziek, my little sister calls people like you "Scared White People".

You call yourself a professional musician but don't seem to know much about music.

I see rap as a least common denominator of the product of generations upon generations of slavery (even after the civil rights movement). You need to remember that slaves were brought from different regions of Africa and thus removed from their native types of music (which are very different one from another--take it from someone originally from the Caribbean). What was common to all of them was the storytelling in a call and response pattern with heavy primal rythms.

And that's what we have. Unfortunately, we are having kids not learning music and thinking it all ends there--I'll give you credit for that. From what I understand the average Spanish rap recording has a shelf life of only TWO months! That's it. Nobody will remember them two years from now. So there is something very wrong here. It's just that you present it along with your prejudices and fears...and others are unable to sift and sort your message. They need a better jitter filter.

Peace.