Rap music on high-end speakers

Hello,

I have audiophile taste in gear, but not in music. I listen to rap music, and occansionaly R&B. Is there anyone out there like me? What do you listen for when buying gear? I was wondering what are the benefits in getting better gear? I want to upgrade the speakers to either proac response 3.8 or wilson cubs. Here is my system:

Levinson No.23
aranov ls-9000
Platinum audio reference 2
Paradigm servo 15
kimber speaker wire
esoteric component wires
amc cdm7
tru
I thought so too. Shameless plagiarism. Imitation the sincerest form of flattery and all that. Don't know where I saw it recently, either here or AA, or who is the source.

I only wish someone had told me that when I was much much younger.
To each his own...if TRU likes to listen to Rap, fine. I have some rap albums, too. This is not a thread about tastes, it's about suggesting gear. Although, a black audiophile friend of mine viewed this thread and his comment to me was that someone who matched a system like TRU's with such synergy DOES know how to pick up his own sub. That therefore TRU knew what was going to happen...and that it was intentional.

I understand the point these people who don't consider RAP as music bring up. They just unfortunately bring their prejudices in the postings. The proper way to deal with this is the way Tito Puente did at a concert in my university many years ago. It was two groups: De La Soul and Tito Puente's Orchestra. I didn't know who De La Soul was at the time. They went in first and attempted to be BAD. It was such a mismatch--who in their right mind have these two groups in the same concert? It was almost a riot!!! During the intermission, a voice spoke over the PA system: "No se preocupen, amigos. Los vamos a poner a pedir misericordia." Translation: "Friends, don't worry. We will make them ask for mercy." And so they did. Tito Puente put up such a class act, it made everybody sit down, shut up, and lean forward in their seats...even the university policemen sat down and did the same. The undisputed King of Afro Caribbean percussion was teaching the rappers who was truly THE bad boy of the hood. And with class...Jazz, African rythms, Spanish/Arab music-all masterfully blended and orchestrated by professional musicians.

The street has its place in the music world, but there's much more to it. I don't think De La Soul learned their lesson, though...
I listen to rap. I enjoy it! I listen to it through my Legacy Audio Focus with my bryston amp and preamp and sony 777es cd player. I like to jam out on it and feel the bass through the impressive speakers. I also listen to Marilyn Manson and Dave Mathews to name a few they accent my CD collection well when placed next to Diana Krawl and Herbie Hancock. But it is not all about Bass that everyone seems to think. Tupac sounds more "Alive" through this system than any other system I have heard. As for TRU if you haven't bought any speakers yet I would like to recommend the Legacy's they are not that pricy used and they sound phenominal and the three 12" woofers will hit those demanding low octaves that rap requires without being muddy like those cheap systems. A definite A+ and great thread!
These will take a serious beating. TRU, I am not a rap type of guy, but I do listen to Alice in Chains, Tool, Incubus, and other bands that aren't considered high brow.

Let us know what speakers you find!