Rationalizing the Mark Levinson ML-40

I have read a little about the first Mark Levinson home theater processor, which, if nothing else, is certainly the most expensive unit [to be] available.

As one tries to move toward "the best there is", diminishing retuns set in--ergo, the need for rationalization.

I am interested in the thoughts of others about this product. Is it incomparable? How close is "next best"?

Thank you.
128x128jmeyers
I've got the Media -40 and it is truly amazing. The sound quality is phenominal. The flexibility and multitude of inputs makes this piece a pure joy. Look at the website and check out the owners manual before believing someone else will be releasing a more robust or flexible product anytime soon with the audio video quality of the 40.
I am sure the theta piece is a fine product, but nothing is more upgradeable or customizeable the Media 40. I looked at all of them and frankly the 40 is technology way ahead of the anyone else. Whether that translates into something clearly better for everyone for the money is a matter of taste and choice.
Ken
Hotrod has a point you have to stop somewhere. I think the 40 is great but certainly the sound and video of other systems are more than acceptable. I was just in a position where I was redoing my entire system in a dedicated space and had the proceed pav combo piece to trade in which ML gave quite a bit of credit on. I paid a lot but made a good deal. Otherwise the price is steep.
Ken