Recommend CD Player with Volume Control

I have Magneplanar 3.6Rs and Classe CAM-350 monoblocks and am looking to add a CD player. Since this will be my only source, I am looking for a CD player that has volume control/variable output and I will bypass the preamp. 24 bit, HDCD, and upgradability are definite advantages. Any suggestions in the $2000 price range (new or used)?
ccandte
Carl, I must apologize for picking on you. I'm not trying to analyze you. You're just so easy to bait and I find you very amusing. Oops, is that too condescending a remark? Damn, there I go again. Sorry.
Carl, my comments were meant to be wholly supportive, upon reading my post this morning I can see easily how they were interpreted in another way. You are right again about disagreeing with you so often, this morning I was stuck behind a woman on I285 in a passat sandwiched between two fully loaded 18 wheelers and wondered.........
Carl-I hope you don't think I was trying to make a fool of you on the topic of digital audio, I'm not and I'm sure you know a lot more about it than me. The main reason I bought the CD50 was because of YOUR rave comments. I'm glad I did, it was fun to compare other players, my curriosity was satisfied and I made 100.00 when I sold it. I still don't quite understand though how you can be sure that the CD50 is by far better than the 830 if you have not had one in your system to compare. Sorry for the delayed response, I don't monitor this thing 24/7
Read what I said, I haven't had an 860...never said I hadn't tried an 830. I meant that others had befouled me (heh heh, ok, I had a hand in it too) on digital audio, not you. I hold no hard feelings for you, Ryan, and I don't monitor these 24/7 either. In fact, you are the only person I've seen on here, that has said they didn't prefer the CD50 over something else, that I actually believe (that's why it troubled me). The others who have said it, were only trying to "bait me", so I ignored them. Anyway, use whatever player you like, and enjoy the music...I thought that was why we all do this (there's one you haven't all heard a million times over)...happy labor day, Carl