Recommendations for CD Player/DAC Combo

I was slightly surprised that there isn't a very large selection of CD player/DAC combos out there.  Yamaha, Marantz, Musical Fidelity, and a few others make them, but not many other companies.  It seems like building a cd player into a DAC makes a lot of sense, like an integrated amp.  Can anyone recommend one these?  My budget would $3000 tops.  Thanks, J
tyan42
tyan42, FWIW I believe that the current interest in using seperate transports and DAC’s arises from the wide use of on-line sources which require a DAC. So if you had to get a DAC, why not get a transport. I do not use on line sources and have an extensive CD library so this is not an issue for me.

I have been using separates since the 90’s because they were better at the time (or so I thought). I have since acquired some fairly good CDP’s and I think the single units are clearly better, but as I said before with my Marantz, which has provision for other sources, I also use separate ’spinners’ much, but not all of, of the time. When I’m going to actually sit in the sweet spot and listen to music I use the CDP which serves the music best (CDP’s really do sound different from each other).

If I were starting over again I would get a quality CDP with inputs for other sources. I would not get separates, but I would use another spinner to reduce the wear on the CDP’s transport when appropriate as I have done. As Liz said earlier ’spinners’ do sound different. I find that my Onkyo 6 CD changer quite adequate for back-ground music as I do an old Cal Audio transport.
Bucking the general trend, just placed my order for a Bryston BCD-3.  Exclusively red-book; no digital inputs.  Just fine with me.
I was able to get a good deal on the Cambridge CXC transport and the Gustard X 10 DAC. A very nice combo. The X 10 actually sounds better than my Emotiva Stealth DAC.  Good listening!
For uninterrupted back ground music I utilize an old Yamaha 5disc DVD/CD changer which I run via optical connection through my Oppo UDP205 to take advantage of its stellar DAC then analog out to my Mc gear. I’m glad I kept the player after all those years now with its new found sound. Never heard a complaint from anyone. :)