Recommended Carrier for Speaker Shipments

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with shipping speakers across country?

My speakers weigh 103 pounds each and they are in perfect condition. I wish to have them upgraded by the manufacturer located in CA. I am in CT.

I am very nervous about shipping them, based on some of my experiences shipping other audio components.

What's the safest way to ship speakers (with cost also being a secondary consideration)?

Thanks!
davemon
When I called Bax about shipping my speakers I was told that they will only ship company to company and will not take anything from an individual. Call them first to make sure you can ship with them, if you decide to go that way.
BAX does not allow shipping from a residential address since 9/11 you must be a Commercial Business, they won't pickup shipments from a mail Box etc. type business either. Won't allow you to ship from their dock even if allowed to inspect containers.
So, packagingis more imortant than the carrier.
As to the latter, you are dependent on human factors. No guarantees here, then ....
One last note. There are UP arrows available that will show if the crate or package was tipped or toppled over.
They have colored crystals inside and if tipped the crystals stick to a stickey arrow inside.
They are used on shipping crates for large machines that are shipped by common carrier.
Try Grainger.
Also PACK YOURSELF AND DOUBLE BOX OR CRATE with enough packing material. I usually pack as if I were the one receiving it.
Roadway handled a pair of Thiel 3.6s very nicely from L.A to L.A (Louisville area)...charge extra for residential delivery. One box was slightly smashed, but speaker was just fine due to excellent packing, etc.