Record sleeves?

I have been adding alot of used vinyl to my collection, the question I would like to ask you guys is what do you use as inner sleeves. I usually use VRP inner sleeves at $45 per c
it was racking up reel quick (used I have been averaging about 20 to 25 per 2 weeks). So I decided to find a less inexpensive source, I purchase my 3mil outer bags at bags unlimited. I talked to them on the phone about poly inner bags at $12 per c they assured me about the poly bags would not hurt the vinyl. After receiving them I am reluctlent to use them am issues of static and scratching. Do I bite the bullet on this one and continue to use the ricepaper VRP sleeves? David
cylinderking_1
Dekay, 50 at a whack? You've the patience of Job and the stamina of Sampson. That, or a VPI Hw17.
4yanx:

Nope, I just hand clean them in a tub with a Groovmaster (protects the labels), a Water-Pik and a long fiber brush. I use my own solution and recently switched to filtered tap water (since we upgraded our filter).

Being home 7/24 with very little to do also helps.

The trick (after installing the Groovmaster) is to "blast" them with plain water prior to using the solution/brush and then giving them another "blast" to rinse. It goes pretty fast.
Nah...Ive been using poly -lined for years, and NEVER had any problems with them.. I usually use poly lined paper sleeves with the 2000 or so records I own . A case of 600 costed me 60 bux and im happy as hell...I have good equipment, Oracle Delphi MK 2, VPI -HW 19, Technics SL-1200MD3, Denon DP-47F and hear no audible problems even with LPs left in the sleeve untouched for YEARS !!!
I went to the sleevetown.com site yesterday looking for "rice paper" sleeves (which are, as Lugnut stated earlier, actually polyethylene). They don't list any such sleeves anymore. I sent them an e-mail asking about this. I got a reply saying that Discwasher, the manufacturer, went out of business and that "there is not a rice paper sleeve on the market any longer." Really????
Should you ever have a fire or excessive heat anywhere near your vinyl treasures, the poly sleeves can melt right into the vinyl. HP lost a lot of Absolute Sound recommended records during a house fire. Nothing is better for your records than good rice paper sleeves. If you love your records as much as I do (fifty years worth), you would not think of using anything else.

dobjim