Rega P3-24 Vs VPI Scout.

With these tables being so very close in price... which is the better table? I listen to classic rock, alt, indy, a tiny bit of jazz. I also have B&W speakers(if that helps.) oh and this is my first turntable... Not really sure what is going on.

These tables are loved by almost everyone... I can't seem to put one above the other. PLEASE HELP!
craw13
Tough call. I have the P5 and had 2 Scouts. One was stock the other with all up grades including the SDS. Then I tried the P5, optional power supply, dynavector 20XH.
Still have the P5 if that tells you anything. The Scout is a very good table, same as the P5. Just that I prfer the sound of the Rega over the VPI.
My though now would be to try the P9, just can't part with the P5 right now.
Either way, I don't see you going wrong.
The Rega has been the most plug and play table that I have owned. I have a P9 and it just sounds great and no messing around. Make sure you save about $100 for a Mint tractor to align your cartridge properly.
Bill Gibson at House of Stereo in south Jacksonville off Butler Road has a VPI Scout hooked up. He is a super vinyl guy. About an hour and forty five minutes from Gainesville.
vpi is the way to go. no one does it better. maybe the new 'classic' vpi would be a better choice in that you will be buying for the future. If it disappoints, the vpi has great re sale value.
I went from a rega P25, to a scoutmaster, and I really like the change. I don't like how you can't adjust VTA on Rega arms. The VPI also has much more mass, it's a much more solid table. Also comes with a special 1 point alignment tool that makes alignment pretty easy.

The sound? They both sound good as far as I'm concerned. The Rega may be a hair faster and airier, with the scout being more dynamic with a blacker background.

Frankly, I would just pick the one you think looks cooler.