Reimyo DAP 777 - looking for a good transport

I bought a used Reimyo DAP 777 and I'm amazed. Some months ago I was lucky to have lived with the one box CDP 777 for a few days - which I cannot afford. The CDP sounds even more natural and organic, but the DAC offers tremendous value as you manage to get a good fraction of the one box player performance for a lot less money ...

I'm using it with my 508.24 Meridian cd player while I don't get a dedicated transport.

Which transports shoud I consider? CEC? Audio Note? What about the old Wadia's or Teac? I have also the chance of getting a Procee CDD ...

Any insights are warmly welcome :o)

Vermeer
128x128vermeer
I never heard the Dap-777, so it is pretty hard to recommend a transport. If you review for those of us who have not heard it, we could make a more lucid recommendation.
Rx8man,

have you tried the Stereovox HDX2 already? How good is it? Is it much better than the less expensive hdvx?
regarding the CEC, I had a TL-1X at home, but the unit was defective and "died" 15 minutes I turned it on ... anyway I'm looking for something more affordable. Do you think the new TL-51x is much inferior to the TL-2x?

Sundance,

here goes a short description:
The Reimyo DAC shares the attributes of the CDP. One can speak of its speed, detail. About how transparent it sounds and how dense, large and focused it soundstage is. But, imo, what's most important is how it manages to make sense of the music. It sounds extremely LUCID.

As it is so transparent, I think it will show clearly the character of the auxiliary equipment - digital cable and transport for this purpose.

I listen mainly to chamber and ancient music (Baroque, Renaissance, middle age). This kind of music is very demanding. It is sinuous, subtle and full of contrasts. The transport should cope with this demands ...

Vermeer
Vermeer, having heard both the Reimyo CDP 777 and the dac, I can only recommend selling the DAC and buying the CDP777. But you could buy a Denon 3910 and get a universal player while using its digital out into the Reimyo dac.