Retip for zyx

I have an airy3 that is about 5 years old. Zyx does not have a retip, you get a new cartridge for a discount. Has anyone had a zyx retipped and how did you make out?
128x128truemaineiac
Don't let him get you down tooblue LOL. 

I commend you for offering it up. Would be interesting to hear someone's impression of both; that is for sure. 
I should have the ZYX Universe here Thursday and after I run it in I will report back with the comparisons to the cart in stock form to which I put over 2,000 hours on and am familiar with. 
To lewm and chakster
It would be very useful for everybody if you could make a shout out between an original zyx and the retipped one.
@gilles130 

Thanks, but I no longer use/have my ZYX cartridges, so i can't make direct comparison between original and refurbished. 

Received the ZYX Universe, copper coiled low output with the silver base back from Soundsmith a week ago Tuesday. The rebuild was their boron cantilever with the line contact stylus. Installed the cart on my VPI 10 inch 3D arm mounted on a Prime table with periphery ring clamp, BDR clamp or Stillpoints LPS clamp, Single motor flywheel assembly and SDS speed controller, set up was straight forward, VTA level, dressed the wiring for anti skate, set azimuth by eye and tracking set around 2.1 grams and at this point walked away and waited for some time later that eve to get started with this evaluation. Pulled 20 albums that I know very well and were recently familar with played with this cart before the rebuild so at this point felt I had set the table for a good evaluation. My normal process is to clean my stylus with a long bristled stylus brush to knock off any loose dust and then drop it into a jell based stylus cleaner and this was the first sign that things were going right, the Universe is the one cart I have owned where this is almost a silent cleaning when this protocal is used with it, very hard to hear the brush against the stylus. Played the first album and set back with a black Russian (drink) and just fell into a grove, after the first and into the second album I just started enjoying the music, 8 albums later I had to force myself to go to bed. Night 2, I adjusted the VTA a slight bit but back to level again since the suspension seems to have settled in. Long story short, I am very glad to have my Universe back, it is truly the one cart that when it is out of my system I am looking to get it back into my system as soon as possible and the rebuild seems to be very close to the stock one to my ears. Now I am not so naive to think that there is not some differences to the stock verses rebuilt Universes but to my ears and for my money ($462.00) I am looking over my shoulder thinking I really got away with something here and would recommend this rebuild to others as well. I have really been pleased with the 8 carts that I have had rebuilt by Soundsmith, all with the Ruby or Sapphire cantilevered rebuilds, except for the Dynavector DRT XV1s that was still an excellent cart but the tone changed so when the XV1s that I run now needs rebuilt it will get the Boron rebuild. The lesson I take away from this is that no matter what your having rebuilt or retipped, especially if it is one of the top tier carts like the Universe, XV1s or other top model that you consult with your trusted rebuilder to mimic as close as possible the parts being replaced. Enjoy the music, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.