Ribbon Tweeters

I've noticed that ribbon tweeters don't have the range of dome tweeters (50 khz v. 20 khz). However, people have said that ribbon tweeters produce a cleaner and more accurate high end. Even if it can produce a cleaner high, wouldn't the lack of range limit its accuracy?
biscayne
Bis there are ribbons for $60/pr the Daytons. Then you've got the Raven 3's at $1700/EACH!!! Here is a list of some new tech ribbons. ESg2,3 Raven1,2,3 Philips RT8,RSQ8. I'm not sure which ribbons the Piega's use. Ezmer offers good advice, don't sign anything at the moment. Sleep on the decision a few nights. Read a bunch of threads and listen to as many speakers as you can in the next few months. Then you'll better your choice.
Piega uses their own driver which differs from others in several ways.It is a double density with a much more powerful magnet .It is quilted to act as a true piston and it has a true 4 ohm impedence.The driver extendes to over 47.5 k and is 96 db efficient.It is direct drive.The midrange driver is push pull and even more highly efficient also quilted and when wired together in the network presents a very easy load as well as being super reliable.They build all drivers in house and don't do oem like other mass builders.Check these speakers out as they are amazing.Room 604 and the Murry Hills suite b at The Home Entertainment 2002 on the 30 May through June 2 and in Greensboro at the Four Seasons hotel May 25th.Featured will be dvd audio like never heard before.
To put one of the contentions made above into the right perspective:

Experiments have shown that it is true of course, that you can hardly HEAR above 20khz and then only in your younger years. But subjects listening to MUSIC have complained of "something missing" in its representation, when everything above 20 khz was sharply cut off, even though they could not hear over 20 khz in an electronically induced single tone sweep from 20hz to 50khz. Unfortunately I have forgotten, where these findings were published. But the experiment, which has been repeated several times in different places, is quite well known and its findings are practically common knowledge by now.

I would encourage you to go ahead and audition the Piegas. I just bought the P10s and they are truly wonderful speakers. Better still, they are said to improve substantially after 300-400 hours of burn-in. If there is a better speaker at this price point, I would love to hear it.
There are 2 theories, one believes in "break in period", i'm in the other camp. Now most every tweeter/ribbon goes at least to 25K. After that i'm not interested. Most important to me are the fq's between say 60hz - 10 or 15K hz. In other words i prefer a superior driver making nice music in this range. So if a woofer goes to 20hz but sounds boomy or sloppy whats that to me. Same for a tweeter that goes to 30K but has little character with a metalic sound.?? 90% of the music ( classical) is in the mid bass to upper treble. Then the 20-40hz + 20K-25Khz make up the 9%. The 1% falls in the below 20 and above 25K. Those are rough figures but just to make a point.