Rowland

Has anyone had a chance to here the new Rowland 501's?
husk01
Glenalan,
How do you like the 201's compared to the model 10? I've had the model 10 and am awaiting the new conceirto integrated.
Another question Glenalan, if you don't mind. How does that 250wpc deal with bass? Does it have a true big power amp's vise grip on the woofer or is it more "power on demand" type sound. I will eventually need a real powerful amp, I like the soft top end I have heard on the Rowland smaller power amps because my speakers can be a little too bright but also want power to control the big woofers on them.
Well,
I feel a little frustrated with the dealer i bought mine thru. A dealer here on the gon. He told me they were to be shipped out in 2 weeks. That was 2 months ago. He took out a 1000 dollar deposit so i was stuck waiting. I called JR to find out the scoop, and thay said they had'nt even started production yet. As i understand it, they are finally finishing the production now and should be shipping out in the next couple of days. I'll post when i hear it...
FWIW, I asked JRDG about the Concerto a couple times earlier this year and they had expected to have it available many months ago, I suspect your dealer may have been getting the same info.

I am guessing that the Concerto will need a goodly amount of break in, if you'd like I would be willing to do it for you. (Smile)

Keep us posted.