SACD/CD Question

I've got a question for you SACD guys. I don't have SACD, but have a high-quality two-channel system. I recently bought my first so-called hybrid compatible CD/SACD, a Sony recording, made live in the Berlin Philharmonie in 2002, of the Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto played by Arcadi Volodos, with the Berlin Philharmonic under Seiji Ozawa. I have no idea what this one sounds like on an SACD system, but on my two-channel system the orchestral sound is just conspicuously AWFUL! This was all the more surprising to me because I'd earlier bought the same pianist's performance of the Rachmaninoff Third Piano Concerto, also recorded live, in the same hall, in 1999, with the same orchestra under James Levine, also on Sony (but with a different recording engineer), and this one's NOT a hybrid compatible CD/SACD but a plain stereo CD, and it sounds just fine. Can anyone shed some light on what is going on here? I'm reluctant now to buy any more so-called hybrid compatible CD/SACD discs after getting burned.
texasdave
As somebody already said on this it depends on the mastering.

For example the Dylan SACD hybrids have been totally remastered on CD therefore they sound quite a bit better than the original releases.
This is true for most new SACD hybrid releases.

Paradoxically Sony after they released the SACD hybrids then released the Dylan series on CD alone-a marketing strategy bound to damage SACD.

Texasdave has found imho one of the odd anomolies that can exist in buying remastered material-for instance Kind Of Blue sounded worse to me on SACD (not a hybrid)than it did on the remastered CD version,others disagree on that though.
I would bet part of the problem may well have been expectation.

I beg to ask is the redbook layer remastered?
In reply to your post, Ben campbell, you ask is the redbook layer remastered? The recording I asked about is a new release (recorded 2002) and has been issued only in the compatible CD/SACD format. The piano sounds fine, but the orchestral sound is really bad.
Sounds like it's just a recording not to your taste-I might be wrong but I suspect you wouldn't like the SACD layer either.

It would be interesting if you could hear it.
Kr4, why dou you imagine I put in those first four words? I was looking for information, not for you to insinuate that I am too stupid to understand what I typed. Now you make me think that there is something to that story.
Aceto-

My response was only meant to underscore your point that, although such allegations have been made by many, there is no evidence that such has been a policy for any label. I did not intend to admonish or criticize you.

Kal