Sanity check on new system?

I'm looking to piece together my first system that is looking like it'll have the following components:

TT: VPI Classic 3 
Cartridge:  Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
Pre: Mcintosh MP100
Amp: Mcintosh MC275
Speakers: B&W Diamond 805 D3

As the title states, I'm looking for a sanity check on this setup.  Any concerns I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance...
harp
I agree with noromance. These are fairly safe bets all around, but might not have the best synergy. If you want headbanging volume levels, you might be better off with a more powerful amplifier, maybe something with KT120 tubes. On the plus side, all these brands hold their value rather well.

If it really is to be your first system, I think you’ll be blown away by the sound. You could do a lot worse.
Thank you for the feedback. As far as not being state of the art - what would be the best bang for the buck to change? In selecting these components I have gone for for a balance between modern components (805 D3, MP100) with high quality vintage components (VPI Classic3, MC275). Speaker and pre-amp technology seems to be the most rapidly changing/updating so I chose recently released components whereas amp and turntable technology seems more stable/slower moving so I'm planning on going with some "classics" there.