Sensitive ears to speakers. Help!!!

I have been going crazy trying to get a great sounding system. The problem that I have is that very detailed speakers make my ears go crazy. The more detail I get the happier I am turning the equipment off. Some people tell me that I am sensitive to metal dome tweeters. That I should go with other types of tweeters. Does anybody else experience this same feeling???
jel
This is JEL again. Forgot to mention room. 16'Wx25'L9'H. with carpet and plenty of curtains on the 25' length sides. This should cut down on the brightness.
Ekmaia, yes, I'm referring to the D21/2 tweeters. I feel that they're better than the Esotec, except maybe in the very bottom of their range. The Esotar has been a little too aggressively metallic sounding, in my experience. It is extremely dynamic, though. However, I'm about to try another model that might actually be better than the Esotar tweeter dynamics wise, and will hopefully be close to the Revelator smoothness wise, and it's cheaper to boot...............EZMERALDA, I agree that execution is the most improtant thing in speaker design, to a point. However, if you want the absolute best performance, you do indeed need to shop "by the drivers", because they're what's transducing the electrical into mechanical energy, and are the last determining factor in how much performance can be achieved by the speaker system as a whole. This cannot be denied, ask any designer in the industry. Otherwise, the best speakers would use cheap and ineffectual frivers, which NONE of them do.
The Hales T 5s when broken in should sound great in your system.Are you sure that the speaker cables have the polarity switched from the amp to each speaker,as is how Hales describes to do ? Are you also breaking them in as prescribed by Hales at their web site ? Call Hales Design and describe your problem,they are very accommodating.Good luck.
I have one word for you: analog. My turntable was out of the loop for a while, but I just put it back in, and it's amazing how quickly you can forget about what great sound analog rigs make, doesn't have to be fancy (mine: NAD 533 + AT cartridge and counterpoint tube amp/pre). Hello, bass, hello, presence, goodbye digits. Actually the most remarkable difference was in the bass. Just feels like the bass isn't coming from the speakers, but from the depths and the heavens. That's my 2 cents. Definitely wait until the Hales and the cables are broken in.
Tacs, I too am a fan of vinyl. I still think good soft domes are better than the best hard domes, though.