Should I do this now or wait...

I am thinking of getting a Pass Labs X250 for my N802, then when I get more dough, buy a second X250 and biamp the speakers? Would this setup be close to the X600 monobloc? Or just sell the X250 and get the X600 when the time come? Thanks for any advice.
tuong9906
Wireless200, I am running 2 Nakamichi PA7s right now full time, each drawing about 260watts idle in passive biamp mode, it sounds very decent, contrary to what Shannere (Thanks)weblink article mentioned as having little benefit. The overall sound quality just seems punchier, cleaner and yes, the system plays much louder as well. I got a huge room (typical open floor plan 50Wx40Dx20H).
One unexplained oddity w/ the Naks are that using the Y splitter for the inputs, they cause loud turn-on pops, forcing me to leave them on all the time, which is quite wasteful which I am trying to resolve maybe w/ different amps...I totally understand the many benefits of active crossover (tried it w/ homemade subs and Paradigm X30 crossover for a few years) but generally speaking, some clarity and intimacy was lost and balancing was difficult, realizing how complex the passive crossover setup in the N802 is I do not want to mess with.
RE RCA to XLR?

Sounds like a trip to Adaptersville.

I had no problems using RCA to XLR adapter.

See also this previous thread
“bi amping… is it worth it or not?”

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1154777061&openmine&zzBlindjim&4&5#Blindjim

Maybe you can pick up some ideas in it.

I did. My ideas on bi amping now are a pair of mono blocks. One per speaker.

You may come away with something else though.
Running the X-600's single ended seems like a shame to me. What makes them so special (and expensive) is how well the parts are matched to optimize their sound. Single ended 600's is wasting your $. I don't think you'll have issues(well maybe hum), but you'll never realize the amps' potential. IMO.
The Edge 10.1 NL I replaced my X-600's with sounds much more liquid, has better bass, runs waaaaay cooler (heat was the reason I sold my Pass monos) and is optimized for single-ended operation. Maybe a better fit? FWIW.