Some tables have soul and some not

Why is that? Do you think it is always very subjective?
Say, Nottingham Spacedeck does have it and SME does not even if in some respects SME can be called a better or depending on model much better table.
Thoughts, opinions, name callings ?
inna
Some time ago I was at a phono stage demo. The reviewer used his own Linn LP12 (ok, he was a Linnie and got some money from them) and when he put the needle into the first groove he started walking with head shaken' and finger snipping'...but the music has not started yet.
My neighbour whispered: "Is he sick?"
I answered: "Yes. Ebola virus. Stay away from him"
High End can be dangerous....
Syntax has the inclination to express him self in a cryptic
way. The aim is to be informative as well as humoristic. I
translate first his sentences in German , then from German
into Dutch and this way I am sometime able to 'grasp' his meaning.

Regards,
Some of Syntax's comment's are like a bran muffin for the brain.

If my memory is correct Linn Ittok was Harry Person's reference for sometime earning back then the magazines pregidous 4 out of 5 star rating while tables like for example the Micro Seiki RX 5000 including other all out designs during that time period were briefly mentioned included with criticism.

Mass loaded designs were not in favour and none of the Micro Seiki's were ever reviewed as far as I can remember.
During the early 1980s sales of the Linn skyrocketed with Harry's praises up until some of the writers of TAS including some owners found glaring fault's with the Linn which some were voiced in letters to the editor.
No social media back then to voice your opinion or read others not like today but sometimes the forest is just full of tree's.