Some tables have soul and some not

Why is that? Do you think it is always very subjective?
Say, Nottingham Spacedeck does have it and SME does not even if in some respects SME can be called a better or depending on model much better table.
Thoughts, opinions, name callings ?
inna
"classical music has no soul" The longer this continues the less absurd it seems in comparison.
Well, most music that is out there has no or very little soul, classical or not. So much junk.
Dear Geoch,

You are pleading for taking responsibility. Yes and No. I agree that we will never succeed in creating a brave new world or a Futurum II. I am pretty happy with the current condition allowing us so much freedom as it has never been in history, also beause of reasonable politics, of the internet, the new media and the opportunity exchanging ideas with people we would never have met (virtually) in our lost small worlds. But do I need to argue with crude opinions showing that someone never started to "open his soul" or if he looks for other aims on this platform as we are looking for - e.g. as a hard seller in the wolf's disguise. Yes I have very clear requirements for "living here on Audiogon" and if you may look at it my pleadings for keeping some basic standards is a kind of fighting. Maybe I got a bit tired. And yes thanks for letting me know.

Maybe it is also because I meet more and more people (on platforms too) always transporting the same BS again and again. You know as good as me when repeating this stuff again and again people tend to believe...

On the other hand we should not start joining manipulating parties or following church leaders. Most people are looking for being guided. That's a fact. But one should always have the will to decide how far he is going. The other extrem position becoming sarcastic or fighting against the industry again and again doesn't help so much either maybe with the exeption for the one carrying the banner. We do need manufacturers and magazines and we need to accept they have their own targets. Why not - as long as it is clearly expressed and separated from religious tendencies. In this thread we have seen that some of the writers in US magazines followed directions in the 80 and 90 ies which are hard to understand from a today's perspective and it is just great that some of us are able to sound this "here".
Nevertheless taking a position is always more difficult than riding the "critical horse".

"Each his own" does help stopping sensless fightings on positions which are overcome. You cannot bring everyone under the Pope's wings. And I doubt that e.g. the natives on some islands in the so called paradise in Hawaii are happier today because we sent them clothes, tried stopping them in making music and dancing.

Variety is good and soul is not so bad too...

thanks fo stimulating and motivating me Geoch. In this Thread a lot of valuable information is being made public.

best & fun only
BTW I forgot to mention I am pretty sure that some TTs have soul and some not as I expressed in the "Accurate Speed Thread". I would never go for a neutral sounding table providing no emotional spirit on the soundstage. I know and when listening to some systems I realize that the TT has no soul - which is a dead one - I usually tell people not going for buying the next soulless version in the next year but invest better on real gear.

I also know people who are hunting after souls in their laboratories putting labels like distortion on it...
Onhwy61: "...it does open the possibility that I'll one day like heavy metal (all variants) if I just hear it with the right power outlet cover.'
It might work if you play the record on a turntable with a really thick stainless steel platter.

_______