Some tables have soul and some not

Why is that? Do you think it is always very subjective?
Say, Nottingham Spacedeck does have it and SME does not even if in some respects SME can be called a better or depending on model much better table.
Thoughts, opinions, name callings ?
inna
BTW I forgot to mention I am pretty sure that some TTs have soul and some not as I expressed in the "Accurate Speed Thread". I would never go for a neutral sounding table providing no emotional spirit on the soundstage. I know and when listening to some systems I realize that the TT has no soul - which is a dead one - I usually tell people not going for buying the next soulless version in the next year but invest better on real gear.

I also know people who are hunting after souls in their laboratories putting labels like distortion on it...
Onhwy61: "...it does open the possibility that I'll one day like heavy metal (all variants) if I just hear it with the right power outlet cover.'
It might work if you play the record on a turntable with a really thick stainless steel platter.

_______
Orpheus10, I must agree with Frogman. All great art has soul, and would not last if it didn't. To name one example, the works of J. S. Bach have survived for almost 300 years now, and will certainly last another 300, assuming mankind does. Take a listen to the Bach B Minor Mass (John Eliot Gardiner conducts an excellent performance) and if you cannot find "soul" in this music, well.....

I should add for the sake of clarity that I am not equating "soul" with religious work, I just picked that as an example of one of the greatest and most passionate musical works ever written.
Bach's music always got my attention. It obviously has soul and a very complex one. That doesn't mean that I fully like this soul but I do resonate with it. I think that he is the greatest classical composer. Every piece of other kinds of Western music including heavy metal contains elements of classical music at one level or another, in a more subtle or open way.
Thuchan, do you also think that RTR decks differ in this respect?
Onhwy61, I've been into jazz for most of my life. Music I like consists of from 3 to 6 instruments, while classical music consists of many instruments. On less than "audiophile" equipment, all of those instruments are mashed in together and it sounds like noise to me; but played on equipment where I can hear the different instruments, it can be beautiful.