Some tables have soul and some not

Why is that? Do you think it is always very subjective?
Say, Nottingham Spacedeck does have it and SME does not even if in some respects SME can be called a better or depending on model much better table.
Thoughts, opinions, name callings ?
inna
I think you are all talking gibberish. What's the point of this discussion, to see who can use the 'biggest' words that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question, which is itself silly. Hell, it's just stereo. And TURNTABLES at that!!!!
In "audiophilic" terminology the word "soul" is synonymous with life. I suppose in that context, it could be used in some instances in regard to classical music; however, it is also commonly used in regard to a "genre" of music. In the context in which the word is used in regard to the TT, I would translate that to "does it generate life to the music?"
Dear Nandric, I'm still pondering your post, I'll get back to you in about a year on that; in the meantime "stay cool".
Dear Rok2id, To explain the 'point of this discussinon' I
will use this example. This also may explain the difference
between the sense and reference. We in Europe spend a huge
amount of money for the collider in Cern. The 'point' was
that the meaning or the sense of Higgs particle was clear
to any particle physicist. Ie what the contribution of this particle is to the theory . However no physicist knows if this particle exist. Aka if the name 'Higgs particle' has a reference. To answer this question we spend
all this money. If this particle can't be find the whole theory will colapse. Such is 'the force' of reference. You are of course free to explain to us what 'soul' refers to.
I assume that you will produce (then) some 'gibberish' of your own making.

Regards,
I did not tealize that English was not your native language. I apologize for the gibberish remark. In what country do you live? I spent about 12 years in Europe as a member of the US Army.

Cern: The europeans have speant a lot of money on cern, but, it past history is any indication, the USA will spend the most. We always do. And if Higgs is not found, that does not mean Higgs does not exist, so the Theory will continue to hold. If a theory explains all questions, it must be true, or at least thats how the physics folks seem to think.
I assume by 'sense' and 'reference' you mean 'Theory' and 'Reality'

Soul: Has a religious meaning. Sort of like a moral compass. All men have souls, given by God, seperates Man from the lower animals, Which allows us to mistreat and eat them. hahhahahah

Soul in music: a term used to describe a certain type of african-american music in the 60's and even to the present time. Soul or soulful in a musical sense means music that elicts great emotion and feeling from the listener. All genres of music can be soulful.

What does all this have to do with turntables? I have no clue. Stereo components are not living creatures. They have no soul, turntables are not 'voiced' to do anything except play LPs.

I am glad you are a member of the forum. Gives us a different perspective. Esp on these monster speakers we seem to think are so vital to good sound.