Some tables have soul and some not

Why is that? Do you think it is always very subjective?
Say, Nottingham Spacedeck does have it and SME does not even if in some respects SME can be called a better or depending on model much better table.
Thoughts, opinions, name callings ?
inna
Geoch, thank you very much.
I made a mistake by asking you to translate her words.
Now I want that woman even more. What am I supposed to do about it? Stupid, that was very stupid of me.
Regards, Inna: As this is an open forum and with your forbearance. This once-fun thread has taken a most interesting turn in that so many well educated and apparently successful individuals cannot establish a consensus. Would there be a unanimous outcry if a "belt drive" regime mandated the destruction of DD turntables because "they had no soul"?

"Man resists harm--- with the intention, not of harming, but of removing the harm done." The Summa Theologica of St. Thomas Aquinas.

In October 1991 Radovan Karadžić expressed his view about future of Bosnia and Bosnian Muslims: "In just a couple of days, Sarajevo will be gone and there will be five hundred thousand dead, in one month Muslims will be annihilated in Bosnia and Herzegovina". In 1996, the referred to "gendercide" took place and for ten years a systematic elimination of muslim citizens continued.

In a statement to the United Nations Dr Haris Silajdžić, as head of the Bosnia and Herzegovina Delegation to the United Nations, 63rd Session of the General Assembly, said that "According to the ICRC data, 200,000 people were killed, 12,000 of them children, up to 50,000 women were raped, and 2.2 million were forced to flee their homes. This was a veritable genocide and sociocide".

Agape denotes the ardent use of one's reasoning and knowledge to intelligently and comprehensively understand for a corresponding higher intelligent purpose. In view of the following ten years of continued atrocities and the vacillation of the U.N.:

Expresses the sense of the [House of Representatives]/[Senate] that: (2005)
(1) the thousands of innocent people executed at Srebrenica in Bosnia and Herzegovina in July 1995, along with all individuals who were victimized during the conflict and genocide in Bosnia and Herzegovina from 1992 to 1995, should be remembered and honored;
(2) the Serbian policies of aggression and ethnic cleansing meet the terms defining genocide;
(3) foreign nationals, including U.S. citizens, who have risked, and in some cases lost, their lives in Bosnia and Herzegovina should be remembered and honored;
(4) the United Nations (U.N.) and its member states should accept their share of responsibility for allowing the Srebrenica massacre and genocide to occur, and seek to ensure that this does not happen in future crises;
(5) it is in the U.S. national interest that the responsible individuals should be held accountable for their actions;
(6) persons indicted by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) should be apprehended and transferred to The Hague without further delay, and countries should meet their obligations to cooperate with the ICTY; and
(7) the United States should support the independence and territorial integrity of Bosnia and Herzegovina and peace and stability in southeastern Europe.
—CRS Summary

Napoleanic strategies are no longer practical, "boots on the ground" is now a policing action. Unmanned armed vehicles, long-range precision guided weapons and a emphasis on strategic rather than tactical targets have supplanted the ranks of opposing armies. Firing into enemy lines at point-blank range was made senseless in the 1860's with the invention of the Gatling gun. The horrors of trench warfare and the tactical strategies resulting in the destruction of Dresden will, hopefully, never be repeated.

The second Gulf War, more of the same. The elimination of the population of entire towns by such as "Chemical Ali" cannot be condoned, anyone who resents the application of overwhelming force against those who perpetrate such criminal acts need to examine their world-view. That there are innocents who will also suffer is more than just regrettable but still inescapable. Thomas Jefferson stated that it is better that a hundred criminals go unpunished than that one innocent man is convicted, but where to draw the line---1000 criminals? 10,000? 1,000,000? The American "conscience" is not unscarred but there are those who feel the need to correct such injustices so strongly that Americans volunteer daily to put their lives on the line to do so. Hopefully (Thuchan), the situation in Syria, where a hundred or more demonstrators are murdered daily will be internally resolved.

Last, a comment on consistency. To condemn the acts of tyrants such as Hitler and Stalin in one paragraph and then suggest in another there should be similar actions taken against the populations of France, Holland and Bosnia can not be taken seriously as this fails that crucial test. Whiskey, Foxtrot, Tango indeed.

Marshal McLuan's "Global Village" has arrived.

Peace,
Timeltel, I think you are taking us into very dark territory. Playing with "Colt" and "AK-47" is one thing but what you suggest we discuss is totally different. It is also a very complicated subject. We would have to go deep into history too. And be very very reserved and mutually respectful despite potentially big disagreements.
I don't mind, what do the others think?
"Last, a comment on consistency. To condemn the acts of tyrants such as Hitler and Stalin in one paragraph and then suggest in another there should be similar actions taken against the populations of France, Holland and Bosnia can not be taken seriously as this fails that crucial test. Whiskey, Foxtrot, Tango indeed."

I don't think I condemmed either Herr Hitler or Comrade Stalin. I just mentioned them. And my words about France and Holland were just to point out that they fought with the Nazis for most of the war. And they fought a lot harder with the Nazis than they did against them. These are just facts known to all that study history. I did not use the word Bosnia at all. That area is so confusing I am not sure where or what is Bosnia. I do know that during the world war, in ALL of occupied europe, the Nazis had willing helpers, without whom the holocaust could not have taken place. In other words the Nazis / Germans did not murder the Jews and Gypsies, EUROPEANS murdered them. And I have never heard one word of regret from ANY European to this day. And it's Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. You wrote it in correctly. :)
Rok2id, after some of your posts I definitely need a drink.
Scotch, shaken not sturred.