Sonus Faber Liuto vs. original Cremona

Okay - quick question...

Which is the better speaker - Sonus Faber Liuto (tower) or the original Cremona? Pluses and minuses? They are roughly the same price on the pre-owned market.

Thanks,
-Bob R
bob_rodgers
OMG, orig. Cremona tower or the Liuto? Dude, the Cremona. This was the last real speaker design from Franco. I own a pair currently and have owned several SF speakers. I would take a pair of used Cremonas over a new pair of Liuto any day and twice on Sunday.
Bob - sorry I missed this earlier.

I would agree with Audiogreak32 on the Cremona vs. the Liuto. To be fair, some people feel the Cremona has a colored sound. The Liuto have a more natural frequency response. The Liuto has more of the magic of the earlier designs when compared to the immediate post Cranco era, which I found lean, especially compared to the original Cremona. But, the Franco era speakers work for me. I have the Cremona plus 4 other pairs of Franco era SF, so I am not really impartial.

I believe Franco's last design was the Strads, which I would take in a nanosecond over my Cremona. They are, unfortunately, at a different price level.
If I could use one word to describe the sound of sonus Faber , VELVET would be the word.
http://goo.gl/XlD3M