Sony Hapz1es or blue sound.......

I have a question about the Sony Hapz 1es. I recently took a listen to it and noticed that it sound a little lifeless and dull, not at all bright and musical From what I read in the reviews. I than listened to blue sound and was surprised how well that sounded compared to the Sony. In all fairness I did listen to it a Best Buy and the Sony it was not set up properly. I wanted to know it anyone else noticed the same or opposite as I did?
matt00
Be aware that the Sony does not stream Tidal.  It is designed for people who want to purchase downloads or rip cds.
No Tidal, but I think the Sony does allow Spotify streaming.  Could it stream Tidal with another firmware update?  

Don't anyone get angry, I'm not sure about this, but here is a quote from a 2014 review:   

"the HAP-Z1ES also has a built-in Internet radio tuner. Called the “V-Tuner,” this feature includes the ability to search for Internet radio stations by genre or location."

and that's all it said about streaming.

I bought a Bluesound this week.  So far sounds great and easy to load CDs.  The biggest complaint I have is the lack of documentation for the tablet app.  You'd think they would include some explanations about what the various icons do, how to create a playlist, how to remove an album... just little things like that make it less of a great device.  Otherwise I am happy with it.