SOTA cosmos turntables

I am looking at the SOTA cosmos turntable. Has anyone compared it to a Brinkmann balance, SME, AVID, etc. ?
dbjain
You have a great tt/arm combo. upgrade your cartridge and later you can raid your 401k and buy a cosmos with a triplanar or sme V or graham and a ridiculously expensive cartridge and then upgrade the rest of your system and build a purpose designed listening room. Thats what I did.
Merry xmas
Rccc -

Would the move to a Star with vacuum hold down be a big improvement over what I own? If so, I'd consider trading in my table and buying a refurbished Star directly from SOTA. Is the Glider a good choice or do you have another cartridge that you'd recommend?
There is NO way you'd be sorry if you added tha vacuum feature,but thee are alot of very valid options in analog.

I think you are going to have to make the decision for yourself.

Good luck
Rocky, I think youd be very happy with a star. The caveat being that if you buy one used it may need a trip back to Sota for a bearing repair and platter work if it has the older lip and some of the old ones have noisy pumps. Kirk can make it like new for you so factor that into your offer. Sota has a slow turnaround as they are a small family owned company but they will treat you well and it is well worth the wait.After owning many "highend" tables once I got my star I was a convert for life and have moved from the star to a nova and finally to a macassar cosmos IV all of which were refurbed by Sota. Honestly the star will give you most of what you get with the cosmos.
good luck and good listening
I talked with Donna at SOTA yesterday and she is developing some options for me. Now all I have to do is find the money!