Soundsmith's turnaround time?

How long have you guys had to wait to get your cartridge back for repair/retip?
Sent 2 of mine on December 1st 2009. No status update and no response to my emails. Called twice and "will look into it and will get back to you".
Still nothing.

Anyone can share their experience on wait time?
smoffatt
I only upgrade my cardridge when its time no retip . I guess thats the only company.
Now you have me bewildered. Perhaps there is a language barrier at play?

4/18
I always get my cartdridge retip Transfiguration Orpheus through

4/19
I only upgrade my cardridge when its time no retip
Dear Dan_end: +++++ " However, if there is another cartridge repair service of excellent quality available it would be good to know. " +++++

I already try with two different cartridge repair sources, Soundsmith and VdH.

Soundsmith fixed two of my cartridges and other that the time he takes about the job in both cartridges were fine.

In the past I use VdH repair cartridge service with several LOMC cartridges: four times the Colibri, Koetsu Onyx, Goldbug, Highphonic, Ortofon, etc, etc. Every time with fine/first rate quality job and every time fixed job in no more than a week.

In the last year I send to VdH around 10 MM/MI cartridges with the same time response and with the same first rate quality job. I never had any single problem with VdH.

I'm an advocate/support the profesional VdH great skills/tools and responsability about.

Well, another option as you ask.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Thanks Raul. I did know about VdH. But then there is that added shipping cost, etc. ;-) Fortunately, I don't need such service as often as you most likely do since I only have 3 carts, so a few weeks doesn't matter to me.

04-19-10: Ebm
I only upgrade my cardridge when its time no retip . I guess thats the only company.

You are making an apple to apple comparison with your earlier derogatory comment. Soundsmith helps to revive many current and some old wonderful much cherished cartridges like Grace F9, B&O, etc and all this for a real world price. The company is an real asset for many vinylphiles at home and abroaad.

How is this comparable to you sending your Transfiguration Orpheus to your dealer/importer for a replacement/refreshment/retip or whatever..