Speaker wire is it science or psychology

I have had the pleasure of working with several audio design engineers. Audio has been both a hobby and occupation for them. I know the engineer that taught Bob Carver how a transistor works. He keeps a file on silly HiFi fads. He like my other friends considers exotic speaker wire to be non-sense. What do you think? Does anyone have any nummeric or even theoretical information that defends the position that speaker wires sound different? I'm talking real science not just saying buzz words like dialectric, skin effect capacitance or inductance.
stevemj
I warned you. Now we've crossed over. Might as well be rec.audio.opinion or audioreview.
Redkiwi, a most erudite, well considered post and a joy to read. Wished I had written it. A sincere thanks..and Jadem, though Jostler surely is able to defend himself, I think you are doing him an injustice. I love this forum, because all my conscious life I have not only been fascinated with audio, but also with the ways how people think, reason , percieve and argue. Whenever I've tried to cross swords with Jostler, I've not found him narrow minded nor basically intolerant about different points of view. Rather, within the precepts of what you might call a positivist philosophy,( which is a legitimate set of premises of what we can know, and what not), he seems to me on a crusade against sloppy thinking, twisted logic and muddled asumptions. He's excellent at picking out the weak spot of an argument and he aims well. I don't share his precepts, but I think I know a good mind, when I see one. I sincerely hope, he'll not get bored with us, nor we with him, even though sometimes his arguments might sting. Even if I don't agree, I find his astuteness helps to fine hone my own reasonings and to clarify better where I actually am. How can I grow in knowledge or in perceptive powers, if everyone would agree with me. I'd just become complacent and lazy. People like Jostler keep me on my toes.
Jademo6, I think your last post contained a rather unfair ad hominem snide in the direction of Jostler3. Even though he often doesn't mince words either, he seems generally careful in avoiding an ad personam argument. Hence my negative vote to this your post and this in spite of the fact, that I tend to be more at home in your way of thinking.
Redkiwi, excellent post. You speak for me and I am sure there are many more who agree word for word with you. Like Detlof, I wish I had written it.
THis has been a long series of (as someone so perfectly put it) BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..... BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Either you KNOW they do... Or you KNOW they don't, and only TRYING IT FOR YOURSELF will ever help anyone make up their OWN mind. The words on a screen ain't gonna do it.
(though some of the posts are entertaining and/or magnificent writing)