Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Though not highly thought of in the Audiophile community,the best all around speakers I have owned(and still do) are Canton Karat M 70's.Paired with my Aragon 8008 they are marvelous!!!
Not the best but staying under my roof...

Magnepan / Audio Research Tympani II for 18 years; resurfaced 7 years ago. Interesting that the Audio Research name, which is enscribed on the Magnepan model number plate, were partnered together back then.

Janzen "Low Boy" Z 600 (15 inch woofer; dual electostats panels); mfg '63; very interesting conversation piece. Understand these are pretty rare since most people tore them apart for the eletrostat panels in the late 60s / early 70s
Nice Thread.

I have had two pairs of Electro Voice speakers since the seventies -- Senior Centurion 4's (the ones with the same components as Georgians) and Sentry III's. I will never get rid of these speakers before I die or end up living in a space that will not accommodate them.
After spending many time and resources looking for the speaker of my life, I finnaly ended up with Avalon speakers. Happens to be that I had for quite a few years their entry model (Avatar) and lived happy, until the &^(*&^( distributor appeared and offered me the brand new, highly regartded XXXX speaker. I traded in the Avalons and the nightmare began and lasted for 5 years until I came back to AValon (Eclipses now). Same relaxed, dynamic, musical sound I like.

Not for all tastes, but great for mine.

Fernando
MERLIN EXL-4....had them since 1996, dont think i will ever sell them. i also have the vsm's