Sunfire's new "Ultimate Receiver worth 4 grand?

Thinking of buying this.Sounds terrific,the cost to go seperate 5 channel amp,and processor,is "alot" more.Cannot justify price.Wh of this receiver??????at do you think
ron007
Only you know what you are willing to pay to enjoy the pleasure of life-like music in your home. Now, if you would rather spend say $2995, I highly recommend the Plinius 8200 MkII. 30 day in-home trial available from www.audiotweakers.com
If you want movies and music in an easy to use system it is a good deal. If you look around you can find it cheaper than that. The processor is very good if it is the same as the theatergrand. I have a theatergrand and it is killer and is very easy to use. All the top of the line receivers for home theater are 3-4 grand. You will need lots of speakers to get full use out of it. The sunfire theatergrand III is about $3500 new. ($2500 on the net).That makes the receiver sound not to bad price wise. I don't know how good the amps in it are. Still its a lot of money so only you can make that call. You should also check out B&K receiver and for just a little less quality but a lot less money outlaw audio has a receiver alot of peaple really like.
I would take 'lesser' seperates now in order to maintain flexability down the road, rather than putting $4k into a receiver. If you aren't the kind of person to upgrade though, it might be good for you.