Svetlana 6N1P in new ARC VS55

The new Audio Research VS55 amp uses the Svetlana 6N1P for it's driver and input tubes. My understanding of this tube is that it is similar to a 6DJ8/6922 type and may substitute for these types in "some" applications. This amp seems to be very close kin to the VT60, and I wonder if anyone knows if the 6N1P can be used in it or in any of the ARC pre amps that use the 6DJ8/6922, I.E. SP9,SP14, LS1,...? This tube might be a promising prospect if it will work as a sub, and they are dirt cheap to boot.
maxgain
The Decware Zen 84C amp comes with a 6N1P. You can substitute 6922, 6DJ8, ECC88. One guy even put a 12AX7 in there with decent results and no damage.
Check over at the tube asylum. I think I remember a post from the designer of the BAT pres (VK himself) that the 6N1P is NOT recommended for the 6922 in the BAT pieces. Run a search and you will find the threads. You are right, tho, they are dirt cheap and can substitute in some cases. Of course, maybe there's a reason they are so cheap. You might try the Russion 6H23Ps, tho. I have used them successfully and they are a little cheaper than the heavyweight 6922/Ecc88s.
The 6N1P is NOT a direct replacement for the 6DJ8/6922, although they are very similar. It has a different heater current requirement for one thing. I would definitely check with ARC first before trying this in your VT60. It would be worth the trouble in checking, as it is supposed to be a much better sounding tube.