Synergistic Research ART Basik, any opinions?

I'm was researching the Synergistic ART Basik as opposed to its big brother the S/R ART and haven't found any reviews/opinions on the Basik.

Does anybody have the S/R ART Basik or has anybody compared the ART Basik with the more expensive S/R ART?

The S/R ART is bit too pricey for me (at the moment). Hence I'm looking into the Basik.

Thanks!
jaspal_kallar
Davidpritchard,

Yes -- each element covers a different aspect of SQ. Most of the time these various devices interact well together in my system. But not always. It is interesting that you could not get the Audio Magic PEAs to interact well with your IPC Acoustic Energizers. I was impressed with this product when I heard it a while back -- in a triangular configuration. But, after reading your observations, I am disinclined to add IPC products to my system because I have 3 Audio Magic PEAs and 2 Wave Stabilizers. My system is so sensitive at this point that one new element could throw the SQ out the window if it did not integrate well.

Yes -- this is all based on trial and error. Last night I changed the location and height of my Wave Stabilizers, with a big improvement in SQ as a result.
It is frustrating during the process but oh so rewarding when the sound harmonizes with the room. It seems that the IPC Energizers and the Audio Magic products are similar but maybe just slightly different so they interfere with each other.

It will be interesting to hear the newest devices from Synergistic Research at RMAF at the end of this week.

I am especially interested in the Headphone Optimized Transducer (HOT) for my separate headphone system. I have tried the Acoustic Revive 77 schuman generator in my headphone room. You can hear a change but I am not certain it is helpful.
Davidpritchard,

When I heard the IPC Energizers in Singapore they did exactly what you say -- moving the music more into the room and making it more palpable. The bottom line is a sound that is more "real".

I am going to take a gamble. I just got an excellent deal on 3 IPC Energizers and will see if I can get them to integrate with the Audio Magic products. If not, I will have to choose which products to keep. I will not receive the shipment before early December.