Synergistic Research HFT + FEQ

I heard this tweak at RMAF and brought it home on a 30-day free trial. Unfortunately it turned out to be a real system killer. I had 20 of the HFTs and tried them with and without the FEQ, using a ladder to put them up and take them down repeatedly. I couldn't believe how awful it was. Made it hard to enjoy my otherwise excellent ~$45k system.

I had a similar experience with their Quantum fuse. Never did trust anything with "Quantum" in the title. HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses, on the other hand, made my amps sound significantly better.
128x128augwest
Especially for non-symetric rooms, the Synergistic Research HFT+ Frequency Equalizer can be a major system improvement. Where I do not have walls to put the HRT's where recommended: I made stands using Home Depot 1x2 by 8 foot pieces of wood attached to a wooden base using right angle brackets. These HRt's were especially helpful in restoring some room symmetry. This improved all aspects of the stereo image.

With the 30 day trial there is plenty of time to try the system and see it's effect.
I have two different rooms treated with the Synergistic Research HFT (High Frequency Tuning System). With one pack of 5 tuning bullets you will hear a change in soundstage. The system really begins to shine with 15 HFT bullets in place (three boxes) and then becomes spectacular when 25 HFT bullets (five Boxes) are in place. The Synergistic Research installation video is quite helpful. It only takes a few minutes to install 25 of the bullets as they attach to the wall with included Blu Tac reusable adhesive.

With the 30 day money back guarantee I hope people who try this system will go ahead and make their initial trial 15 to 25 HFT bullets ( three to five boxes). As you put up each group of 5 HFT's you will hear the soundstage expand and then become increasingly more rich and detailed.

I found the Synergistic Research HFT + Feq system to be my upgrade of the year. Why? The marked improvement of course but even more so. Unlike the laborious trial of trying and breaking in new cables etc., the HFT's are easy to install, the sound change is immediate, and they can be returned if you do not like them. Finally in this moble changing society, they can be moved from room to room or a new city with no damage to the walls.

I will not be without them.
The cost for these little gizmos seems outrageous considering how light weight they are. And based on past SR history they will soon be replaced with a mark 2 version.

But, I have 2 sets on loan and they do seem to expand the soundstage. However, sometimes I think the sound doesn't sound quite right. I just can't quite get a handle on it.

I did find that placing them slightly higher is better in my room than the lower height shown in the directions. And I think for my usage, 3 sets would seem about right.

So, I am still in the undecided testing stage.