System Audio SA505

Hello,

I just wanted to chime in on these SA505s. I just replaced my B&W 685s with them and I'm really happy with them. I'm not saying that I wasn't happy with the 685s, because I was; but, placement restrictions made the SA505s better for me in my room.

With the SA505s sitting on shelves in my entertainment center, I am getting a MUCH wider and deeper sound stage; and the clarity is astounding and it's silky smooth.

When I auditioned them, I compared them to other book shelf speakers, to include Harbeth, Gault and Paradigm. Of course, the Harbeth and Gault were in leagues of their own, but they certainly didn't embarrass the little SA505s. What surprised me the most was that nothing that they had with a Paradigm badge on it could come close to the SA505's smooth mids and top end.

The main reason that I'm posting this is because there is almost no information out there about these speakers and really just wanted to bring some attention to them. Mostly because they were discontinued at the end of 2011 and are very fine speakers, especially for those with limited space and few placement options. If you're interested, you may be able to track a pair down.

For me, I feel like I lucked out because I had few choices considering the physical size limitations that I have to deal with. My other considerations were Monitor Audio's RX-1s and Mordaunt Mezzo 1s. I grabbed the SA505s, because I figured that if I didn't like them, I could then try one of the other two. I just had to grab the SA505s while I could.
tonyangel
I have a pair as well - i also own vandersteen 2ce signatures, Dahlquist dq-10, Revel f-12's, Dali -Ikon 6's etc...so I have a few different sounds and I just love the sound that these put out - an undiscovered gem.