System too harsh Help

I have a Parasound HALO P-21. Thought it would be good to power my Revel 30 preforma's. I will use a Halo P-3 preamp to try to match equipment but not committed to it. Might need another preamp. I was told to buy Harmonic Technology biwires pro-9. I have nordost cable Balduer running from cd Player , CD player is a conosance ref. 2.2 . Tube output.
I have two balanced cables both of which have not solved problem. Harmonic Technology precesion link and some generic silver wires, both balanced. They run from amp to current preamp Nuforce P-8.

The question is :
1. send speaker cables back. Get different one???
2. Add new cables to the signal path to correct brightness problem.
3. get a different preamp.

It sounds O.K. but highs are too crisp .

Can it be fixed witout a amp change. That damed beast cost too much to ship as well as my revel speakers.

Please help, any input would be great
128x128sansui80
That was it 100%. My speakers were too close together. I had to take into account the vaulted ceiling and room configuration. They were about 8-9 feet apart and now they are a good 15 feet apart.

The sound stage was good but its so much better , less compressed.

Thank you Jaybo.
Jaybo - it is refreshing to read a post in which someone offers a common sense practical solution free of snake oil. Such solutions work. Way to go. The factors in any audio system are always going to be (ranked in % of effect)1) speakers (2) room acoustics - including speaker placement (3) amplifier (4) preamp (5) source. Power cords and speaker cable choices have no effect so long as the runs are short (<50 ft each) and the awg is 16 or lower for the speaker cable; and 14 or lower for the power cord (unless you are using a lot of ac current - and then it is a safety issue, not a sound issue). Power conditioners are not beneficial (other than for catastrophic protection) in 99 % of all cases. Common sense goes a long way. Why all the hype in the other direction ? Well, how much did it cost to rearrange the speakers ? Profit margin is pretty slim there.
Depending on your budget first get Clear Day solid core silver Shotgun or Double Shotgun. I replaced HT Pro 9s with these. The improvement in midrange warmth blew me away

Unless the components you are connecting with XLR are in fact balanced circuits, it's a waste of money. But if they are, then they represent what hi-end audio is about. Now if your CD player outs are not balanced then you probably can't tell too much