Tandberg sounds bright.

Just got a Tandberg 3026A 150X2 amp. After letting it run for 24 hours I gave it a critical listen and it just sounds forward and bright. I did have it worked on for a weak solder joint. One channel did drop out again but came back. Anyway, are Tandbergs all forward and bright or is this weak solder joint(and resistor replaced) causing this. I thought this was a very good amp. Comparing to a Bryston 4BSST. The reason I got the Tandberg is I could not afford one years ago and just wanted to own one now and see how it sounds. Any and all replies welcome about any aspects of Tandberg. Mike
128x128blueranger
I sent off my 3026A to a qualified Tandberg repair shop that I have trusted and used before. They said it was one of the early models that was not upgraded. They are upgrading it now and should get it back in a week or two. I will let everyone know how it sounds. Mike
It sounds very smooth and detailed now. Not a hint of harshness. I have it for sale.
I had a Tandberg 3016a,  220w into 8 ohms...weighed about 70 pounds...played sweetly into my Dayton Wright XG10 MkII electrostats.  Absolutely NOT bright,,, but warm, musical and POWERFUL!!!