Tenor 75 Wi OTL

Just bought this OTL by Tenor.

Living in Destin FL and owning the Atmasphere S30 amp I could remove some power tubes to reduce the heat in the summer. Can this be done with the Tenor?

Kelly High End in Ca. who I bought from said the amps puts off very little heat after being on for a hour or two. BS from the seller?
128x128glory
Hi Darkmoebius,
I hear you loud and clesr LOL. Sometimes when reading another person`s reply the intended humor is`nt apparent. Based on your system, you certainly appreciate low power /high quality amps also.
The 1.5 watt SET OTL is $1500 assembled including tubes. If he wants 4 watts instead of 1.5 he needs two of them to run as monoblocks. The T-16 is $1599 as a kit with tubes. 15 watts per channel so the stereo version is plenty. There are expert assemblers out there who build these for people who do not have the experience to assemble the kit. I know Ed Schilling at the Horn Shoppe has built a few. He raves how these amps sound with his ~100db horns. For the kind of money we're talking there is not much risk and they do play well above their price point,
So the Tenor OTL is a very quiet amp. Sticking my ear next to PDIFthe Zu Audio Presence speakers & 101 Db I hear no noise/ sound. The Atmasphere S 30 was all about hum/noise in my system.

Running my Lampazator Dac straight into the amps was better than having my Dude preamp in the chain. The Dude is sold and gone.

These amps have placed me in the Zone, a place I have never been in audio in ten years.

Have a fan blowing upward in my fireplace to draw the heat out of the house. Seems to be working. Can not wait for the fall to run fbm all night.

How do I explain to the the wife why our electric bill is so high?

The Lampazator dac is in the same league as the Tenor amp. 7 days to hear it and buy it. When you hear it you will not send it back!
Glory, congratulations on your system. Sounds like you are having a ball. Have you considered installing central air? A window AC unit?
Glad you've made everything work to keep the sound you love!!! I get some heat also but love the OTL sound so I too find ways to survive. As for the bill it's cheaper than gas or dock fees, at least that's what I tell my wife!!! FWIW she loves the OTL sound and would be sad to see them go!!! Enjoy!!!!