The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
RWD, WOW, now you are talking! I used to own the Servo Statics 1-A, sans the bass however, used the panels for the mids and highs and mated them with the Maggie bass panels you mention, which I still run today, together with my Quads. Those highs and mids were incredibly pristine, smooth and clear. I also attempted something like the HQD, but since I could not get Decca ribbons, I used those by Dick Sequerra, and boy did that system sing. Voices, small Jazz combos, chamber music was- you've said it- occasionally frighteningly "real". The Servo Statics died, the highs went first and then the bigger panels and spares were not to be had. The Quads were exchanged for the 63's, and other ELS which I still run today in a stacked version.
Cheers
Avantgarde Trios are the best yet to my ears.Too expensive, though. The Avantgarde Duos are a great second choice. You can't skimp on electronics, however.
b&w nautilus 801 with krell fpb600/hr and ml31.5 / 30.6 combo....'awesome' is the only word to describe.
Avantgarde Duos Most powerful and sound like a live concert and beyond in a 25 X 25 ft room and stay true to the naturality of music without getting bright like most horn's very hard to prove you must listen to them.