The Levinson Sound?

I have never listened to a Mark Levinson amp, but am curious as to what sound characteristics they have, especially the older amps from the 90's. How do they compare to say Pass Labs amps? Any info would be appreciated.
333jeffery

Hello

Mark levinson equals Rolls Royce !

and Mark Levinson 335, of the ancients is the best of them all

Thank you very much

Greetings to all commentators in this post .

How do the 500-series compare to the older amps? I see some 532's up for sale every now-and-then.
generatorlabs
Your amp is stunning Just beautiful  Sorry to hear about your bad dealings with Levinson. I know the company has gone through a lot. Sold and bought not to mention moved several times. But that is no excuse for poor service. They have always answered my questions (emails) in a timely manner.
enjoy Pete
Thanks! for sharing- generatorlabs

it is imperative to post both positive and negative experiences when dealing w/ customer service. You are fortunate and talented to be in a position to repair/modify these amps.

Which ML repair facility were you referring as above?

Beautiful Amp btw.
Happy Listening!
@jafant Which ML repair facility were you referring as above?

I have been fortunate that my dealings with ML centers was minimal. I have not dealt with them anymore since I realized how they shut the world out for simple requests and simple parts. I have had to resort to sourcing parts from third party vendors and scouring both domestic and foreign ebay sites. I had to get documentation from underground sources in Europe. I got a Voltage gain board from a police-raid auction in the Netherlands. It is a little silly that one has to go through this to repair an amp.

I may be wrong but I believe there are only 3 U.S. based ML repair facilities. There is one at the ML headquarters, which I believe is in CT. Then there are 2 other "Authorized" facilities. I think one is in Texas; don’t know about the other. All of these centers follow the same doctrine however. You want anything, pack the monster up, ship it and pay up. Don’t have the original box? Be prepared to shell up big dollars for that. You cannot use an ordinary box with an ML amp. It will exit an improper box with great force under its own weight!
Very unfortunate that they treat the legacy equipment in this manner. I could understand protecting newer designs especially if it uses new techniques but spending 400-600 dollars to get a broken speaker bind post replaced is a little ludicrous. ML has great equipment, and the old stuff in the right hands will live a long time; you just need the patience and skills to grant it a second or third life.