Thiel 7.2 and the 3.7

Hello Folks:

Wondering if anyone has had the early opportunity to compare the sound of these speakers. The 7.2 is the best speaker I have ever heard and judging by the buzz and company releases on the 3.7, it should be an experience.

Regards:

D.H.
danhirsh
Tom,
What is the difference in bass depth and power between CS7.2 and CS3.7?

BTW, it seems that Thiel discontinued CS7.2 from May 2007...
http://www.thielaudio.com/THIEL_Site05/Pages/promo_downloads.html

So, either is CS3.7 new provisional Thiel's top model or we will see something like CS7.3 at CES2008...
The bass seems a little stronger and deeper with the 7.2. But the bass is very good with the 3.7. I listened to the 3.7 with both a smart sub and without one and the differences seemed more in a better soundstage with the sub than added bass presence.
Based on early reports I'm guessing that a 3.7 would be a very clear leap up from my 2.3s.
I would suspect that you are correct Johnmcalpin, the 3.7 should really be in a whole other league than the 2.X series speakers.

I would be interested in hearing more comments on listening to the 3.7s, especially in depth reviews from owners of other Thiels and speakers at comparable price points.
I've been waiting for this speaker for a while. I bought my 2.3s (the replaced 1.5s) and a few weeks later the 2.4 was announced.

I figured the next step up for me would be to the replacement for the 3.6. Since then I've toyed with buying the 6, or trash the whole Thiel concept and go for something more efficient and scale back from my giant amp.

I'm still thinking about scaling back, but I really want to hear the 3.7, especially after all of the work I've been doing to my system.