Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Much Thanks! for the banter- prof

Regarding Thiel loudspeakers, we cannot skip out on Cabling.

There is too much information to be lost or never discovered by choosing inadequate cables/cords.  The best part, one does not have to spend big money, to make it happen.  In fact, always buy used or demo and save a bit of coin.  Every audiophile can afford quality cabling -you would be foolish otherwise.

By design, I started this thread for the very reason, of making all of our systems the best -sounding possible.  It is and will continue to be informative on all fronts.

Happy Listening!

Hi 

Ihave a question.

Is there any user turn the volume really  high ? 

I m not sure if i can express myself.

I feel that i need to compressed the high note if i need to turn up the volume ? Will you have the same situation ?

And also when jim thiel test the speaker . will he use any high end or aftermarket cables ? Or only the normal black cable 

These question really confuse me because i did blown few tweeters already.

Please share your thought
prof...

Excellent commentary on perhaps the most contested aspect of assembling a high fidelity system.  At the end of the day the single-most important component in any setup is one's head. 

I used to go to the local stereo stores and buy spools of speaker wire. Back in them days components came with the plugs already.  There wasn't a helluva lot of tweaking latitude then. 

- "The best part, one does not have to spend big money, to make it happen. In fact, always buy used or demo and save a bit of coin. Every audiophile can afford quality cabling -you would be foolish otherwise." -

Completely agree!

As an example of this: I had the opportunity to own some very highly regarded - and expensive - Shunyata power cables.  Universally praised at that time.   Did I detect a difference?  With one of them, the most expensive, yes!  I was just about sold.  Then to double check, I had a friend help me blind test them against a standard military grade $15 power cable.  Turned out I couldn't actually hear any difference.  I often detected just the same "improvement" when the $15 cable was in the system.  The mind is funny like that :-)

So as you say, I didn't have to spend big money - that cheaper power cord was all the quality I needed - and agree it would have been foolish of me to choose otherwise ;-)