Titan, Transfiguration Orpheus or Air Tight PC1??

There is no way I will get to demo all or any of these carts. My choices are limited to these carts as I can get a decent trade in for my Lyra Skala. The cart will be mounted on a Triplanar, the TT is a Michell Orbe and phono stage is a Nagra VPS. There is no earthly reason to contemplate an upgrade except.....??
Am extremely happy with the Lyra Skala. Listen to all musical genres from rock, blues, classical,jazz and Indian though the latter is not critical for the choice of cart given IMHO the somewhat limited dynamic range of most Indian music.
Would appreciate views/advice of A'goners who have experience of some or all of these carts.
Many thanks in advance.
128x128sunnyboy1956
Sunnyboy1956:

Are you able to use the tube only gain in your Nagra VPS with your Skala? or in your system, do you need the extra gain the Nagra can offer with the solid state section?

Reason being, is the tube only sound is a little sweeter/more life like. So the Air Tight has a slightly higher output.
Well, since Raul brought up the (Dynavector) XV-1S, I will state that an acquintance has two nearly identical Basis 2500 turntables (with Vector tone arms), and we installed a Dynavector XV-1S on one turntable, and a Transfiguration Orpheus on the other turntable. We both much preferred the XV-1S.

My two cents worth.
Good Luck in your search.
Raul's advise is right on, although the Skala sounds wonderful in the Triplanar. Yes it is a balance between compromises, but it is also about controlling the energy from the Cartridge. The Skala is special. I prefer the Titan I but not in every way. If the SME V is used w. the Skala it honestly might outperform the Titan I in the Triplanar.

Let me say it like this, (I am ready for the criticism) the Skala is very close to the ZYX Universe in the many areas it excels and has some similar weaknesses. So while a great match in the Triplanar (as the ZYX Universe is known - highs are different between the 2), it just might be an even better match w. the SME V. A lot of people in the industry use the Skala knowing you don't need to spend more to necessarily get better, just different.
Dear Aoliviero: I owned the Helikon/Titan and heard in my system the Skala ( I heard all these cartridges in other systems and with audio dealers too. ). I try all them in different tonearms and it perform better on the SME IV. I heard it on Triplanar, Phantom and the like but for some reason I prefer SME.

+++++ "
I suggest picking a neutral cartridge with a neutral arm. " +++++

I think that maybe is more easy to find an almost neutral tonearm ( as a fact I have one that I'm trying/testing ) than a neutral cartridge but this depend on the tonearm/cartridge matching ( not sonic synergy but real synergy ).

Jfrech:+++++ " So the Air Tight has a slightly higher output. " +++++

so: do you prefer the PC1 over the Skala?, I know this is a subjective subject but IMHO the PC1 is not up to the " task " as a " top " cartridge, IMHO it is a second class one. Of course there are people that love it like there are people that do not, like me.

I like Kurt lay for the XV-1s, either with the Triplanar or SME.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Many thanks for all the inputs/advice.
Raul:
I have spent nearly 6 months getting my Triplanar fixed and am really happy with the arm despite all the initial travails. Arm switching, even if it leads to superior sonic results, is not on the radar.My audio choices/upgrade decisions are not always optimal given limited availability/trade in opportunities. I am ,however, intrigued by your statement, which off course you qualify , that the PC-1 is not in the same league as the other carts that are mentioned. Are there any specific sonic attributes/charateristics that lead you to this conclusion. Given your vast experience I am really interested in your assessment.
Jfrech:
Do you reckon that the slightly higher output of the PC-1,ie 0.6mV will allow me to use the tube only output of the Nagra VPS? At present the gain is way too low and I use the SS output. The pre is a Conrad Johnson CT5.The output of the Skala/Titan i is identical at 0.5mV,the Orpheus is 0.48 mV. As the tube section of the VPS is "superior", I guess the PC-1 should get the nudge!!
Actually I am more confused now than I was before posting. I guess at this level there is no definitive better only personal and subjective choices.
The dealer has offered to demo at least one of the carts. I could ask for a A/B demo with the Skala . Not sure if this is the way to go coz the dealer is not going to use the MintLP to set up the cart...
Thanks once again to all who responded. Shall report on the switch/upgrade as and when it happens.
Cheers