totem winds any info

i heard and fell in love with the new totem winds. in fact i just ordered them. but i cant seem to find any real info on them anywhere. so just looking for anyone that has them or knows alot about them. im trading up from dali helicon 400 mk2.
ltleo74
I would say don't do anything rash. Both are great speakers, but if you only have 15 hrs on the Dalis, and they were new, you're not anywhere near hearing them broken in. The winds wouldn't sound that good with those hours either. a difference of $1500 isn't a huge difference. I think Audphile would agree that you need to let something break in before deciding it works or not. In some ways I prefer the Helicon 800 to the MS4's, and in some ways no, so I don't think it's about price. Let those puppies break in, then bring home the winds and AB in your system, that's the only way to hear them.
I think he already has the Winds at home.

I'd run the Totems for 100 hours and then return to Dali, run them for 100 hours and then switch to Totem. neither pair is fully broken in. Too early to judge anything.

Also, remember, that when switching between speakers, give the speakers some time to settle. Like amps, preamps, etc. they also take time to warm up.

I'd be curious to know in detail how the Winds compare to Dalis in your system.
I know Totem offers grills, but they are velcro grills and I would hate to have something glued to the speaker cabinet.

Anyway, enjoy!
Audphile1 (System | Threads | Answers)

An alternative method of attaching grills without velcro or glue is to use "Topstick" toupe tape. "Topstick" is a Hollywood "secret weapon" used to keep shirt collars in place, and any number of other uses where a two-way tape can be helpful (including wigs).

It'll hold grills in place, and the tape won't leave a mark if you decide to peel it off the speaker ( or the mark can be easily cleaned with a gentle cleanser).

"Topstick" is usually available in drug stores. Check it out.
It should be noted, that Tvad is a Topstick dealer, so nice shill!

;)

I didn't realize he had both at home. Would love to hear both side by side. My guess is that Audphile is drawn to the Winds because, if I'm not mistaken, of the Dynaudio drivers?