Transport rips to hard drive?

ok, i gather that most people going PC Audio are ripping CDs from their desktop/laptop to their hard drive. seems the trouble there could be a flimsy transport in the desk/laptop that causes a less than optimal rip.

better way is if you could read the CD with a dedicated, audiophool approved transport and then send its output directly to the hard drive, or to the PC as a digital stream for it to input and it encode to the hard drive.

is it possible for either:
A) an external HD to accept a transport's digital stream directly (i doubt it)
B) a PC to accept a digital input stream for it to use as data to be burned to a hard drive?

programs / hardware / IO board recommendations are welcome!
thx
128x128rhyno
If computer can read data CDs it should be able to read music CDs. There are programs that read music CD as data. They force transport to read given sector many times if necessary, to obtain correct checksum.

CDP uses Cross Interleaved Reed Solomon error correction code that interpolates missing data. CDPs operate in real time and reads given sector only once.
Kijanki is correct. A computer can read the data better because it's a totally different process. Some software and drives "promise" better performance, and sometimes drives can have alignment problems, but overall, digital data is better archived and retrieved by a computer.

This is why I very confidently state that a digital music file sounds better than a CD transport. Good examples of this are the Linn DS and Naim products. Even people who have used entry level digital music systems will agree that they rival CD players costing much more.

I'm not going arguing against CDs. I still buy CDs, and if someone doesn't want to mess with a computer/network music system then they should stay with using a CD player, but the fact is, a digital music file can sound extremely good.
What Bigbucks said. Use EAC and rip to either FLAC or WAV (hard drive space is cheap nowadays), or AAC if on a Mac.

Go to hydrogenaudio.com and learn more.