Traveling never going to happen??? need advice

Greetings, my question friends if you fell in love with a pair of excellent condition very heavy 130lbs. each floor loudspeakers would you drive say 1,500 or more miles to pick them up saving tons of money on shipping and also, knowing they will be perfect once you get home. The point of this forum how many audiophiles, would actually do the drive, I have been trying to sell my Andras, without success for near 6-months!! I have no shipping crates. Thanks for reading any help, or advice I would so appreciate it... anyone else have this problem??
aoltes
Offer to meet the buyer halfway, such that a 1500 mile drive becomes a 750 mile drive for each of you, which is do-able in one day.

I know that's not answering the question you asked, but imo it doesn't matter how many audiophiles would or would not drive 1500 miles for your Andras if your potential buyer won't.
It would depend on if I had a large enough vehicle to get the speakers all the way inside, (like a large cargo van without rear seats). Where I live, the weather can change really quickly, so they would have to be covered and safely secured the whole trip.

If I had to rent such vehicle, I would need to add all the expenses together and see if it really was cheaper than having a crate built and shipped.

That said, I have driven (2) different times to pick up speakers. Once was around an 8 hour each way drive and the other was around a 6 hour each way drive. Both times it worked out great and saved me quite a bit of money and I felt very good about the condition of the speakers once I got home.