TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
All: Yeah, Brian got banged up pretty badly. Considering he drove in the median and his car traveled downward and landed on a lower highway, I can't believe he survived. Someone up there is watching out for him ... I'm happy that he is okay.

Oldpet: Have you got your SA-14 back yet? I very interested in your first impressions.

Cousin (La45): I hate to sound like a "broken record", but have you found the source to the anti-static sheets? I realize it is nearly impossible to source, just hoping that you have lucked out ...

All: My SA-14 is sounding incredible. I am embarrassed to say how much better it is now ... I'm very happy. (I'm only 1/2 of the way to fully broken in, so it keeps getting better. You TRL mod owners know what I'm saying).

Jack

Jes45

I'm expecting the Sa-14 back on the 13th. Brian emailed me to give me the good news/bad news scenario. :-)

Bad news: Another 500 hours before break in.

Good news: The SA-14 ALREADY sounds better than it did when when it got to TRL in it's previously modded, fully broken in state!

Needless to say, I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival back home! :-D
Does anybody know why TRL mods take 500 hours to break-in? Thats 21 straight days of playing! What is it they do that requires this? I'm not really complaining because mine is sounding better every day - I'm just wondering.
I'm guessing 500 hours is about the time it takes you to forget what the machine sounded like in the first hour. :)

BTW, this is not limited to just the TRL...