Tube amp suggestion

I'm considering moving from solid state to tube amps but don't really know where to start. I currently have:
Pair of B&W 805D
Marantz sr7005 (setup as a preamp)
Pair of Rotel amps, bi-amped
Moon .5 CD Player
Music Hall turntable

My system sounds great but I've heard a lot about tube amps. I've got about 2000 to spend and wondered what I should do?
I'd like to keep my system setup in a bi-amped configuration
Suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
maddog66blue
Sorry to challenge your premise, but why are you starting out thinking that you want to bi-amp with Rotel(s)? One of the toughest things to do in a system is overcome complexity getting everything working well together. It is very difficult to get coherent sound across the frequency range when bi-amping. When it is done, it is usually because there are few good alternatives, such as when dealing with super power-hungry speakers @ low impedance. You don't have any constraint like that.
IMHO, a good powerful tube amp like those Sufentanil suggests or others make much more sense to me. Sell the Rotels and increase your budget. For real bang-for-buck, somebody advertised a pair of Consonance monoblocks modified by RBH Sound Designz. Bob Backert is a real genius, those will beat much of what's out there! Cheers, Spencer
My assumption is that you are looking for the tube sound,
as a cheaper way to get into it have you considered a tube preamp as a start and see it that is what you are looking for?
You should definitely check out theButler TDB-2250 - 250 watts/ch. of tube goodness mated to MOSFET balls. There is a VERY nice unit for sale on Agon for $1799 - WELL within your budget.

Read the reviews on these amps. they are turly spectacular!

-RW-
Yes I'm looking to get the tube-amp sound. As of right now I'm just thinking of making the change. I've heard tube amps and they sound very warm, quite different from solid state. One reason I'm considering bi-amping is because I currently have my cables terminated to bi-amp so there's a cost involved with re-terminating them, albeit minimal. Would I achieve the same or similar sound by purchasing a tube pre-amp? If so, how would I integrate it into my current system?
My system sounds great but I've heard a lot about tube amps.
Thanks
Maddog66blue (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

You may have heard a lot about tube amps from people with tube-friendly speakers. I'm not sure the B&Ws are.